JNTUH Important Info for 2017 Pass out | FAQ about Certificates, Memos, CMM, PC, Exception of 2 Subjects, Grace Marks Questions & Answers

  • Read entire topic before u post any question because all most all queries are answered here.
  • All the doubts regarding results, the exception of 2 subjects other things are posted.
  • All the rules like exception of 2 subjects will be applicable only after JNTU releases the official notification (Which will be done after declaring the 4-2 results).
  • B.Pharmacy Students need to clear all subjects from 1 to 4 Years in order to get the degree.

Terms used in the posting
Q = Question
Ans = Answer
JNTU = All the 3 JNTU regions

Questions asked by many R09 regulation students.

Q) When Results will be released?
Ans: After completion of exams within 30 to 45 days results will be released mostly. We will alert u as soon as results are released.

Q) What about the Advance Supple Exams?
Ans: Notification will be issued for the advance supple by respective JNTU regions. Advance supple exams will be conducted only for 4-2 sem subjects.

Q) Will there be any supple for project work & comprehensive viva-voice?
Ans: Yes supple will be conducted for project & comprehensive viva-voice before starting of advance supple exams. Notification will be issued for the same.

Q) What all the certificates/memos will be issued after 4-2 results?
Ans: After declaring the results JNTU will issue 4-2 Semester individual memo, CMM, PC & OD.
**CMM: Consolidated Marks Memo/credit sheet (which contains marks of all years)
**PC: Provisional Certificate
JNTUH: Will be sent directly to the student address as u had already paid the amount & applied for OD during exam registrations of April/May/June 2017.

Q) Do I need to apply for CMM, PC?
JNTUH: No need to apply if u had cleared all the subjects from 1 to 4 years. But if you are leaving any 1 or 2 subjects then you need to submit undertaking form so that JNTUH can issue the CMM, PC. Leaving of 2 subjects rule is discussed in coming question.

Q) Can I apply For CMM, PC in Tatkal Process?
Ans :
JNTUH: Yes you can apply in Tatkal Process (It May Take 1 or 2 working days to issue the memos). 

Q) How Many days it may take to issue CMM, PC?
Ans :
JNTUH: 1 to 2 weeks if u secure 224 credits. 1 Month (Max) if u secure 216/220 credits.

Q) What is the requirement to get the degree For R13 B.Tech Students?
As per B.Tech (R09) regulations, one of the academic requirement to award degree is that the student should secure 216 credits (out of 224 credits registered) with the compulsory subjects as listed below:

1. All the practical subjects
2. Industry oriented mini-project
3. Seminar
4. Project works.

The above statement says that u can leave any 2 theory subjects from 2, 3, 4 Years (I & II Sem) which carries 4 credits each. At most, you can leave only 8 credits. But u need to clear 1st year subjects, all practical subjects (Labs), Mini & Major Project & Seminar.

Q) What’s the Process to leave 2 subjects & get the degree ?
Ans :
JNTUH: After official notification is released you need to fill the undertaking form & submit the same in your respective college. College principal will verify it & will forward it to JNTU then u may get the CMM, PC within 1 month.

Q) When will JNTU release the notification for exception of 2 subjects?
Ans: Within 2 to 3 days after declaring the 4-2 results.

Q) Can I leave elective subjects?
Ans: Yes you can leave them under the exception of 2 subjects rule.

Q) Can I Leave EDP (Drawing from 1st year)?
Ans: If at all JNTU issues notification even for exception of 1st year subjects then you can leave the EDP (Drawing).

Q) Can I leave 1st year subjects under the exception of 2 subjects rule?
Ans: Last time for 2016 pass outs (R09 students) JNTU had given the exception of 1st year subjects as per many requests from parents & students. This rule might be extended to this year even.so, this rule will be applicable only if JNTU releases the official notification.

Q) Can B.Tech R09 Lateral Entry Students leave 2 subjects under the exception of 2 subjects?
Ans: Yes they can.

Q) Can I leave the 1 or 2 subjects now itself & apply for the undertaking form?
Ans: You can apply only after respective JNTU regions releases the notification on the exception of 2 subjects rule. (Which will be done within 2 to 3 days after declaring the results).

Q) What Does Practical subjects mean?
Ans: Practical subjects are Labs in each semester.

Q) Can we leave lab based subjects (Theory subjects)?
Ans: Yes u can leave lab based subjects as exception of 2 subjects.
Example: If a student of R13 regulation has a backlog in MICRO PROCESSOR Theory subject then he can leave that subject. But he can't leave the Micro-Processor Lab.

Q) Does JNTU mention any FAIL or Star Mark in the certificates if i leave 1 or 2 subjects?
Ans : For JNTU-HYD students In the PC,CMM there will not be any indication of Fail. But on the concerned semester marks memo "Fail" will be indicated. But star mark will be given for those 1 or 2 subjects in which u had failed.

Note: Star Mark (*) indicates that those 2 subjects marks are excluded while calculating the total %.

Q) If I clear all the subjects & secure 224 credits will i get any star mark in my CMM?
Ans: Yes u will get the star mark in the subjects in which u secured least marks. Star Mark indicates that those 2 subjects’ marks are excluded while calculating the total %. You can see a sample CMM from the below.

Q) What is the Difference between the students who secured 216 credits & 224 credits?
Ans: For the students who secure 216 credits (failed/leaving 2 subjects) they will exclude those 2 subjects only in which he failed while calculating total %. Whereas for the students who secured 224 credits JNTU will exclude 2 subjects in which he/she secured least marks.

Q) What happens if I fail & leave those one/two subjects? Does it affect my carrier?
Ans :
Many of the companies recruit only the students who do not have any active backlogs/arrears.
Suppose a CSE student fails in Operating Systems and Computer Organization courses and applies for a PC, this may affect in getting a job. An ECE student who failed in VLSI and DSP subjects may not get admission in M.Tech in VLSI/DSP specializations. Similarly for other branch students.
If a candidate is in urgency to submit the PC for Visa, for higher studies then he/she may apply for PC even they acquire 216 or 220 credits, because that may not affect them.
Therefore if there is no urgent requirement for PC, it is better, the students pass all the subjects and take PC. The students have the option to apply for PC at any time if it is required. They have to apply through 'Tatkal' if they require it immediately.

Q) I had applied for the CMM, PC by filling the undertaking form, can I attend for supple exams?
Ans: No u can't attend for the supple exams of those subjects that u had applied in the exception of 2 subjects rule.

Q) I had given my supple for 1 or 2 subjects exams & before the results are declared I had applied for the CMM, PC by filling the undertaking form. Will there be any problem & do I get my result now?
Ans: There won’t be any problem. U will not get the results Once if u apply for the CMM, PC under the exception of 2 subjects rule.

Q) Can I get my PC, CMM after clearing all the subjects (i.e., securing 224 credits)?
Ans: Yes at a time after u secure 224 credits u can get the CMM & PC.

Q) What about Grace Marks & .5% rule?
Ans: Grace Marks rule is applicable only for JNTUH Students.

  1. Pharmacy students need to secure 224 credits to get the degree.
  2. All the above information is collected from different college’s exam branches & given according to my best knowledge. Do verify with your respective college exam branches/exam cell before u proceed further.
  3. All the requests to the university should be forwarded through college principal only.
  4. If u still have any more queries do reply to the posting we will try to clarify them by giving the best possible solution.

This Project is Designed & Developed by Bhanu Pratap
Maintained by Manikant, Liyakath, Sree Charan and Haneesh